Check and replace the wear condition of brake shoes (brake shoes) in detail
Brake pads, also known as brake shoes, belong to consumables that will gradually wear out in use. When the wear reaches the limit position, it must be replaced, otherwise it will reduce the effect of braking and even cause safety accidents.Brake shoe relates to life safety and must be treated with caution.
1. Check brake shoes every 5000 km under normal driving conditions, not only to check the remaining thickness, but also to check the wear status of brake shoes, whether the degree of wear on both sides is the same, whether the return is free, etc., abnormal conditions must be immediately dealt with.
2. Brake shoes are generally composed of iron lining plate and friction material. Do not wait for friction material parts to wear out before replacing shoes.Some vehicles with brake shoes alarm function, once reached the wear limit, the instrument will alarm prompt replacement brake pads.Brake pads that reach the limit of use must be replaced, even if they can be used for a period of time, it will reduce the effect of braking, affecting the safety of driving.
3. When replacing, the brake pads provided by the original spare parts shall be replaced. Only in this way can the brake effect between the brake pads and the brake disc be the best and wear the least.
4. Special tools must be used to push back the brake pump when replacing brake shoes.Do not use other crowbars to press back, this will easily lead to the brake clamp guide screw bending, the brake block stuck.
5. After the replacement, be sure to step on the brakes for a few feet to eliminate the gap between the brake shoe and the brake disc, resulting in no brake on the first foot, prone to accidents.
6. After the replacement of brake shoes, the best braking effect can be achieved only by running in 200 kilometers. The newly replaced brake shoes should be driven carefully.